Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Book Clubs and Partner Reading Tools

I have been launching Book Clubs in my 2nd grade class, in addition to the partner reading that we already do during Reader's Workshop!!  This seems to be super exciting for the kids.  I made some tools that will help my kiddos be independent in their groups or partners and keep track of their own (and other group members) comprehension of the texts that they read.  These tools are mainly for longer chapter books (fiction) with a story line.



They use the tools to decide (before they start reading) on a good place to stop and check in with each other and then use some of the conversation sparkers or questions with each other to discuss the book.

Many of them are getting into longer books, so I have been frontloading these tools and how to use them with their groups and then sending them to work independently in their small groups.











I keep all of these tools in my "Partner Tools" basket, which has been a super helpful new addition to my classroom this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...