Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Reading Homework Packet

Time to assemble reading homework folders for the year!!  Every day at the end of our guided reading group, I send the book that we have read in class together home to read for homework.  Along with the book that I selected for them, I also send a “choice book” of their choice, but from their book box (which students were assisted in choosing good fit books to fill up).


In addition to these two books in reading homework folders are each of these items (all are found in this pack or are indicated otherwise):
-A lengthy note explaining homework (for the first day the bag comes home)
-Laminated Decoding Strategy Sheet
-Laminated Comprehension Strategy Sheet (I add these later in the year)
      -Snap Word Bag
      -Snap Word sheet (See High Frequency WordPacket here)
--A reading log calendar (I use the Freebie one here J)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...